HESPERIA – Veterans looking to file their annual taxes do not have to wait any longer.
Assemblyman Jay Obernolte, R-Hesperia, announced Wednesday he will host his annual free tax preparation for veterans’ event in the High Desert, in cooperation with the San Bernardino County Transitional Assistance Department.
“We owe our veterans so much for the sacrifices they have made for our country,” Obernolte said. “Hosting this event is just a small way to give back to our veterans and show them how much they are appreciated.”
The tax preparation will take place from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Wednesday at the Apple Valley Conference Center, 14955 Dale Evans Parkway, Apple Valley. Veterans interested in filing their taxes will need to bring the following items:
- Photo ID (passport, green card, driver’s license, state DMV ID) of self and spouse if married. For married filing joint returns, both spouses must be present.
- Social security cards or ITNS for members going on the return, including spouse and all dependents.
- Last year’s tax return, if available.
- Proof of income, such as W2s, 1099s, cash income, disability year-end statement and interest income.
- Proof of expenses, such as child care expense statements (including provider address and tax ID number), medical expenses and property tax bills.
- Dependent care provider information (name, employer ID or social security number)
- Checkbook with routing number and account number for direct deposit refund.
To RSVP and schedule an appointment, call 909-347-1255 or 760-552-6176.